Monday, June 9, 2008

3 weeks...

I leave 3 weeks from today! I can hardly believe it...it's so exciting! I stayed with Ceci all weekend because David was out of town. We had fun. The boys are so hilarious! I love them!

I have been thinking a lot about how I am going to raise support to go to Peru. Honestly, I do not want to ask people for money. Someone once told me that not asking showed a spirit of pride. But I have a different opinion. I am at such a place of trust with the Lord, that I know He will provide for me. I spoke with someone this morning about this issue, and he advised me not to ask for money. He told me to ask for peoples prayers. I agree. Prayer is more important than money. I know that if I am faithful to what God has called me to do, then everything will work out just fine. I still do not know how much I am going to need each month. I am thinking around $500, but I will find out when I get there.

David preached at a church yesterday and received another offering. Thank you Jesus. We submitted our proposal to Builders without Borders, and they are reviewing it. I am not sure what is going to happen with that, but if it is God's will, then it will be. It would be great for them to accept our proposal, then we can have a school. We really need a school in Jicamarca, at least a good one. I know David has been in contact with some people about starting the school and what curriculum to use, I just hope we are not trying to do too much at one time. I don't think so though. God is definitely providing for GCOI, it is exciting to see things actually taking place. Things that have been talked about for years are coming to pass. It is very encouraging.

I can't wait to get down there to see the church. They meet Sunday afternoons, but I think we might change that to Sunday mornings. Also, they have small groups on Tuesday and Thursday night. I do not know how many people attend the small groups, but hopefully they will grow when we get there.

They have a group of guys going on the 21st of this month to finish the house in Jicamarca. I am excited for that. Then, on July 2nd there are 3 people coming from a church to do ministry with us. They will be there for a week. And in August the College and Career group from Life Church is coming with Dr. D and Pastor Marilyn for a week. So I think things with the church (iglesia vida) are going to pick up quickly after we get there. I will not be there when College and Career goes. I wish I could be, but I can't. I am hoping to return around the end of September. I have a lot of work ahead of me, but I am up for the challenge!

Please keep us in your prayers, God is definitely hearing them!!

No comments: