Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Back Home

What a busy weekend. I flew to Connecticut on Friday and flew back home on Monday. I had a lot of fun with my family, but I still didn't get a chance to relax. Honestly, a vacation right now would consist of me sitting on the couch or laying in my bed for a week, doing nothing but sleeping and watching movies. Now that sounds amazing. haha it's nice to dream. I talked to David yesterday when I got home, he told me because of all the work I had done, the editor was charging them a lot less than before. That's awesome! We are making a lot of progress. I still have a few things to work on. I might go over to their house today. As much as I love to work, I do not want to neglect the other people in my life, I feel like I am doing that. It is hard though, I feel that people do not understand how important Peru is to me.

We still haven't purchased our tickets yet. David has a meeting this week with GCOI's Board Members, after that we should know when we are leaving. I am still thinking it is going to be around the end of June. I would love to get there as soon as possible, but I am leaving it in God's hands and trusting that He knows the best time for us to go.

I need to start thinking about raising support. I have not done anything yet, mainly because I want to wait until I get back here in July and then start. I know that I am going to sell my car, but other than that I'm not sure how I am going to raise the money. I have been thinking about writing support letters, I am not to keen on that idea. I hate asking for money when I feel like I am doing nothing for it. We will see. I am not even sure how much money I am going to need for the year. I am thinking around $10,000 but I will know exactly once I come back in July. It also depends on whether I am going to go to Language School or not. It will cost me around $100 a week, and I'm not sure how long I would need to go for. It is a possibility that I could just learn from the locals. I will talk this over with David and Ceci a little more and then make a decision. Ceci seems to think that I will learn quickly. She taught me for a few weeks a long time ago and she said I am a quick learner. Hopefully that is true!

No comments: