Tuesday, May 20, 2008

God is Amazing

It is so funny how God works.

I have been planning on going to Peru for the past 3 years now, and it has always been a struggle between my mother and me. It is not that my mother does not support missions, it's just that she doesn't want to see me move to another country. Which is completely understandable. The problem with that is, my mother was the one person that I felt like I needed approval from. I have come to the realization that the Lord had closed my mothers eyes to what I was supposed to do. I believe He did this because it was never the right time before. Even though I knew that I was called to Peru, the right thing at the wrong time is still the wrong thing. So, now that it is happening in God's time, suddenly her eyes are open. And let me just tell you, they are open wide! :) She has been wonderfully supportive lately, and that means the world to me! Aside from her supporting me, she now wants to become more involved with GCOI and this whole "missions thing". God is so good. Everything is finally working out. I know at the time, all I wanted was for God to show my mother what I was called to do. But I honestly believe that if He would have done that when I wanted him to, I don't think I would have seen just how much He was at work in this whole situation. I can honestly say, it has made me so much more aware as to how we need to put our complete trust in the Lord.

Aside from all of that. There is a possibility that we might have some HUGE financial support coming our way soon. My mother has a very good friend that has a lot of contacts with people who support humanitarian aid. I honestly believe that this is not a coincidence. I think God is up to something big. We should find out very soon! Keep us in prayer!

1 comment:

duby1962 said...

God will bless you in all that you do because He has ordained it before the foundations of the earth. I truly believe this is a season of change for a lot of people including you and myself. BE BLESSED!!!!!!!