Saturday, July 5, 2008

I am finally here

I know this post is a little late, so please forgive me. Our trip here was a little hectic, we missed our plane and it was not our fault. I will never fly Spirit Air again! We ended up getting here at around 2:30 am. We were exhausted but it was good seeing Ceci´s family. We only slept for a few hours and then woke up to have lunch and go to Jicamarca to see David and Ceci´s house. Jicamarca is exactly what I remember it to be. It looks like Mars. But we loved the house, it is a lot bigger than we thought it was going to be. In Jicamarca we have Prayer and Bible Study on Tuesdays and Thursdays, then we have church on Sunday mornings. The people there are so precious, they are extremely poor yet so happy. Also, they always invite you into their homes even though they have nothing. I really like the people, but not Jicamarca itself. We have had 2 prayer meetings. In the first we prayed with a woman to receive healing. She was elderly and her bones were hurting her. We wanted her to come to the meeting (it was at another house) but she did not want to because it was to hard for her to walk there. But I am believing that she will begin to come to the meetings.

Lima is actually cleaner than it was 2 years ago. I was surprised. There are more people, I dont know how it is possible. It is way overpopullated. Traffic is horrible, and the exhaust is so bad it will pratically choke you. My throat hurt the first 2 days I was here. Ceci´s sister Maria is the cook in the house, and she is a great cook. The only problem is, they eat a lot. Food is like the center of everything. They make huge portions because there are a lot of people here and then there is always some left over that they eat later. They also eat at different times here. Lunch is their main meal and it is usually served at around 3pm. I definitely need to learn some recipes.

So for now everything is going great. I am looking forward to church on Sunday. I will update everything then. Please keep praying for me!!

No comments: