Monday, July 7, 2008

Sunday Morning

Yesterday went great! We had service with the children in Jicamarca, they are so cute. It is very sad to see the conditions that they live in, it´s almost depressing. We gave them bread with Peanut Butter and Jelly, none of them had ever tried PB&J. I was shocked. They all loved it, I knew they all wanted more, yet they were so polite and did not ask. The difference between the kids here and the kids in the States is, the kids here are actually grateful for what they have. They appreciate having nothing. I enjoyed playing with them, they are so much fun to watch. They play soccer with an almost flat soccer ball and had the time of their lives. I´ve never seen anything like it before. The happiness that comes from people that have nothing is amazing. We went out to Larcomar lastnight. It is a mall in Miraflores which is the nice area of Lima. We had fun.

I can´t believe I have already been here for a week. Time is going by fast. We are about to leave to go buy the tile for David and Ceci´s house. I love and miss everyone!!

No comments: